- Published on Monday, 20 March 2017 14:38
An unemployed man was arrested after allegedly trespassing Istana Besar (Grand Palace) in Johor Bahru and threw a petrol bomb at the door of the palace last Friday.
At the incident that took place at 11.45pm, the suspect aged 29 years old from Felda Palong Timur, Segamat was riding his motorcycle before entering the palace grounds.
According to sources, the suspect then stopped at the cross section in front of the Pos C before throwing the petrol bomb towards the entrance of the palace, Kosmo! reports.
“The suspect then went towards the sentry to surrender himself,” said the source.
The head of the palace guards then later reported the incident to the palace control officers with the suspects’ alibi claiming he threw the petrol bomb because he wanted to burn the palace down.
“The suspects were then handed over to the police officers that were doing their usual rounds in the palace grounds.
“Head of the palace guards then made a report at the District Police Headquarters of Southern Johor Bahru,” said the officer.
Johor CID chief; Senior Assistant Commissioner Kamarulzaman Mamat who confirmed the incident but declined to elaborate further.
Built 151 years ago, the Istana Besar had been the official residence of the Sultan Johor until the Istana Bukit Serene was ready to completed in 2014.