Mon11202017

LAST_UPDATESun, 19 Nov 2017 10pm

Toddler Dies After Pinned Under Television Set

Muhammad Luqhman Hakim Lazzuan. Pic: The StarMuhammad Luqhman Hakim Lazzuan. Pic: The StarALOR SETAR: A father was terrified to see his two-year-old son pinned under the television set shortly after he heard a loud thud from the living room.

Two-year-old Muhammad Luqhman Hakim Lazzuan (pic) died after the 29-inch television set toppled onto him at their house in Teluk Chengai, Kuala Kedah, near here.

Muhammad Luqhman Hakim was believed to have shaken the metal rack holding the television, causing the set to fall on him.

His father Lazzuan Ishak, 37, a bus driver, said he was about to take a bath when he heard a loud thud coming from the living room.

“I quickly ran to the living room where I found my son pinned under the television set.

“My 70-year-old mother Eshah Abdullah was with the boy but she could not do anything as the incident happened too fast.

FATAL FALL: Latif adjusting the TV set which fell on Muhammad Luqhman Hakim at his house at Kampung Masjid Lama in Kuala Kedah. Next to him is the metal rack. FATAL FALL: Latif adjusting the TV set which fell on Muhammad Luqhman Hakim at his house at Kampung Masjid Lama in Kuala Kedah. Next to him is the metal rack. “When I heard the loud thud, I suspected that the television set had fallen off the rack, but I did not think my son would be pinned under it,” he said when met at the Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital mortuary here yesterday.

Lazzuan said he and his brother Latif lifted the television set off the boy and found that the boy's head was bleeding. He added that they rushed him to a nearby private hospital, but the boy was pronounced dead upon arrival.

“The incident occurred at about 10pm on Monday shortly after my wife, Waidah Kasim, 26, and I returned home from dinner with our son.

“My wife went to our bedroom to perform the Isyak prayers while I looked after our only son. After half an hour, I went to take a bath,” he said.

Lazzuan said his son was an active boy and would sometimes shake the metal rack. He added that he had on several occasions reprimanded his son for doing that.

Police have classified the case as sudden death.



- Embun Majid / The Star
http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/1/23/nation/12612642&sec=nation